Thursday, August 27, 2009

vet visit





I sat with Kabuki this afternoon and talked with him. Some people believe that talking to parvo puppies, telling them theyre going to make it, actually helps them, so sure I may have looked nuts, but Im ok with that! The tech said if he had been brought in one day later than he was, he would have died. Thank DOG for Becky, the amazing volunteer at Sac City shelter! His condition is still very touch and go. He looked very small, and sad when I went to see him, but they said it is typical of parvo cases to be fairly unresponsive. He is in a lot of pain and discomfort, but the staff is doing all they can to keep him stable. The virus is progressing, and we all hope he will pull through. He has a great vet staff doing everything in their capability to ensure that happens. Sorry the pictures arent great, but they are the best I could get.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry he's had this setback. I know you must be a nervous wreck, but just know there are a whole lot of dog lovers everywhere pulling for you and Kabuki. I really want to see him after all this enjoying the life he wouldn't have had without you.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete